Reminders or invitations
Step by Step
- Download a PostAim booking form
- Submit booking form, signed terms & conditions and a sample of your mailing at least 5 working days prior to posting
- Pre-sort your items according to PostAim sorting requirements. Sort It online (new window) is available to assist
- Submit your Mailing Schedule at least 24hrs prior to your lodgement date. This is supplied with your campaign booking and must be in Excel format.
- PostAim specific mail bags, ties and bag labels must be used. These are available free of charge, call us on 01 705 8489
- Lodge your mailing at an An Post designated acceptance office, accompanied by a posting docket
- If a mailing is due to arrive on a date that differs for the original one advised to An Post, notify us on 01 705 8489
- Your PostAim campaign will be delivered over a 13 working-day period from the date it is posted. Look forward to your responses coming in!
An Post's presorting requirements
- For mailings of 2,000 items or more you must be sort to Pre-sort 3 (Pre-sort 151): these should be sorted to Dublin District and Post Town level
We have designed a handy Pre-sort tool, Sort It online (new window), to provide you with a quick way of checking the sort destination for your mail
No larger than C5 in size (i.e. half the size of an A4 sheet). Also known as POP or Post Office Preferred.
Min: 140mm (l) x 90mm (w) x 0.18mm (d)
Max: 235mm (l) x 162mm (w) x 7mm (d)
Items up to C4 in size (i.e. the size of an envelope containing flat A4 sheets). Also knows as a "flat" item
Min: 140mm (l) x 90mm (w) x 0.18mm (d)
Max: 400mm (l) x 300mm (w) x 25mm (d)
Caters for three dimensional items like boxes, tubes and envelopes which exceed the limits of a Large Envelope
Min: 100mm (l) x 70mm (w) x 25mm (d)
Max: In tube form the maximum dimensions (the length plus twice the diameter) must not be greater than 1,040mm, with no dimension exceeding 900mm.
Price per item
|0-50g Letter / Postcard
|0-50g Large Envelope
|51-100g Letter / Postcard
|51-100g Large Envelope
|101-250g Large Envelope
|251-500g Large Envelope
*A further half cent or cent discount is available for PostAim mailings including a Business Response Mechanism. The rates outlined above are composite rates which are indicative of the rate which will apply to mail that is geographically representative of a nationwide posting, where there is a geographical bias, an alternative zonal rate will apply.
Make it easy for your customers to respond and get a discount on your mailing:
- Include a Prepaid Business Reply or Freepost envelope and receive an extra 1c discount per item, or
- Include an unpaid reply envelope and receive an extra 0.5c discount per item
Find out more about our Business Response Services.
To enjoy the great value that PostAim offers, you need to make sure that your mailing:
- Is promotional and unsolicited by the recipient.
- At least 2,000 items
- Has a DM Ceadúnas (License No.) on the front of the envelope
- Has a return address in the front top-left hand corner of the envelope
- Is correctly sorted to An Post requirements
- Is correctly bundled
- Is correctly bagged & labelled
- Has fully completed labels
- Submit the Mailing Schedule within 24hrs of lodgement date in Excel format
The contents of a PostAim mailing must be unsolicited and must be used to encourage purchase of products or services or to form a favourable image of a product/service/sender or to subscribe to a service charity or organisation. Please note that there are categories of mail that are not eligible for PostAim rates and these can be found in the Booking Form below.
An Post will check your mail once it arrives at the mail centre to confirm it meets PostAim requirements. If it doesn’t, you won’t qualify for PostAim rates; your mailing will be returned to you or you will pay the full standard rate of postage.