Acquire new customers
A foot in the door: acquiring customers with Direct Mail.
Finding new customers can be a difficult and expensive business, but an important one too. Direct Mail is a cost effective tool to open the door to prospects and open up a conversation as well.
Don’t know where to start? Check out these four easy steps:
1) Mirror, mirror
Lookalike profiling is a simple marketing technique that uses the information you have about your existing customers to help you find new ones like them. What age are the people who buy your product? Are they mainly male or female? Where do they live? The answers to these questions can help you identify the characteristics of people who are more likely to become your customers in the future.
2) Ready, aim...
Once you know the type of customer you’re looking to find, you can use Direct Mail to get your message right into their hands. Renting a database of people who display the characteristics you’re looking for or targeting a set geographic area where you know your prospect customers live means you won’t waste precious marketing Euros targeting people who are unlikely to buy your product.
3) Create a splash
Once you’ve found who you’re going to target design a piece that appeals to them. With Direct Mail you can be as creative as you like, you can send nearly anything through the post, the only limit is your imagination.
4) Calling all new customers
One of the most important elements of your campaign is your call to action. If you are using a few different methods to acquire new customers make sure you have a different phone number, e-mail address or even version of your web address on each so you can see what’s working and what needs to work that bit harder.
An Post can help your business find new customers through:
- Publicity Post – a low cost leaflet delivery service that allows you to target specific areas with your marketing message.
- PostAim – a discounted direct mail service that allows you to mail your marketing campaign for less.
See how other businesses used Direct Mail to get new business
- Universal Graphics wanted to generate leads, in and turn sales, for their truck renovation and branding services
- Celtic Fairways wanted to increase sales of their golf packages
- Neopost wanted to generate leads and sales for their folder insert product
- GeoDirectory wanted to generate lucrative sales leads