Sorry we missed you
Missed a delivery? Use our Online Redelivery service to have your item redelivered to your chosen address.
Arrange your redelivery now
How does it work?
The Online Redelivery service from An Post enables you to have your item redelivered to the same or an alternative address anywhere in the Republic of Ireland.
To have the item(s) you missed redelivered to the address of your choice, simply complete your redelivery request online.
Step by step
To complete your redelivery request please enter:.
- The item details from your “Sorry we missed you” notice
- The original address and the address you would like us to redeliver to. For example
if nobody is likely to be home all day, it may be convenient to have your item redelivered to your work address or to a neighbour’s house.
We aim to redeliver the item(s) to your requested redelivery address within two working days
Please note that the Online Redelivery service will only be available for certain periods of time after the first attempted delivery depending, on the mail item type. Please see our terms & conditions for more information on mail holding times.
The cost for the Online Redelivery service is €3.00 per item
Payment may be made by Visa, MasterCard or Laser
Simply click here to request a redelivery online.
You will receive a confirmation email once you have completed the online application process.
If you have any queries about this service, please contact our Customer Services team on CallSave 1850 57 58 59.
Terms and Conditions
- These terms and conditions apply to An Post’s Redelivery Service (hereinafter referred to as the “Service”).In these terms and conditions “You” and “Your” refer to the applicant(s) for the Service and “We”, “Us” and “Our” refer to An Post, having its registered office at GPO, O’Connell Street, Dublin 1.
- The Service is only available in respect of postal items of which delivery was attempted, and where the applicant has received a “Sorry we missed you” form which specifically includes an option to avail of the Service.
- The Service is only available in respect of postal items to which the applicant is entitled and You agree to indemnify An Post for any liability accruing to An Post for use of the Service in breach of this term.
- Limitation on Liability:
Our liability for any direct loss or damage arising from this Service is limited to the fee paid for the Service. We will not be liable, in any event, for any consequential or indirect loss or damage including, without limitation, loss of income, profits, interest, utility or loss of market, however arising in respect of the Service. We will not be liable for any negligence in Our performance of the Service.
- The Service is not a guaranteed or time certain delivery service. We will not provide any advance notice of redelivery of your postal item. Any references to expected delivery times are estimates only.
- While postal items may continue to be subject to the terms and conditions of the Original Service and the sender of the item may have entitlements to service features such as insurance cover, item tracking and/or proof of delivery no such features are provided to You by this Service. “Original Service” means the postal service by which any postal item was originally sent by the sender and includes Standard Post, Registered Post, Express Post, Express Post with Signature, and Courier Post.
- The Service does not provide proof of delivery. The Service does not include or provide any tracking facility. The Service does not include any provision for, or any entitlements to, insurance cover or compensation for any service failure that may arise and the limit of An Post’s liability to You in the event of any service failure in respect of any individual postal item is the fee paid for the Service in respect of that item.
- Postal items with customs charges due can avail of the Service but customs charges must be paid on receipt of the item whether redelivered to You or to Your nominated agent. Customs charges cannot be paid online.
- The retention periods for undelivered postal items depending on the item type are:
- An Irish Registered postal item (originating within Ireland) may be held for 3 working days before being returned to the sender, day 1 being the day after the date of delivery of the “Sorry we missed you” form.
- International postal items (any item originating outside the Republic of Ireland) may be held for 16 working days before being returned to the sender, day 1 being the day after the date of delivery of the “Sorry we missed you” form.
- All other postal items may be held for 5 working days before being returned to the sender, day 1 being the day after the date of delivery of the “Sorry we missed you” form.
- The Service will not be available if You apply for the Service after 3.30pm on Day 2, 4 or 15 of the retention period, whichever limit, as described above, is applicable. In such cases, the postal items in question may be available for collection from the collection point specified on the ‘Sorry, I missed you’ form or may be subject to the return to sender procedures that apply to all postal items where delivery cannot be successfully made.
- Postal items can be redelivered to the original address or to an alternative address within the Republic of Ireland. A new address label is applied to all postal items which are to be redelivered. If a postal item cannot be successfully redelivered the postal item may be returned to the sender complete with the new address label.
- You may apply for the Service only once in respect of each postal item You wish to have redelivered. If a postal item cannot be redelivered at the specified address it will, where possible, be returned to the sender. It will not be possible to arrange for collection of a postal item if it cannot be redelivered at the specified address but We may, at Your request, attempt a further delivery at the specified address.
- Addresses provided by You in Your application for the Service will be validated against the Central Address Database (CAD). If You decide to enter the address manually, We accept no liability for invalid, inaccurate or incomplete addresses.
- Fees for the Service are on a per item basis irrespective of the number of items on the “Sorry we missed you form”. If We are unable to provide the Service to You any refund due to You will be made in the same manner that You originally made payment to Us. .
- We are careful to treat the privacy of Our customers with care and with due regard to the laws of Ireland, including Data Protection legislation. The details supplied by You, including your personal data and your payment details, will be used and retained by Us solely for the purposes of providing the Service. For more details, please see An Post’s Data Protection policy including our Privacy Statement and Web Policy which are available on the An Post website at www.anpost.ie .
- If You apply for the Service and specify an alternative redelivery address and You also nominate another person whose name is to be included on the new address label You must ensure that that person has given their prior consent to accept delivery of Your mail and to have their name and address details recorded and retained by An Post, and An Post will retain their personal data, along with Your own, for the purpose of providing the Service.
- Your Indemnity:
In consideration of Us providing the Service You will indemnify Us and keep Us fully and effectively indemnified on demand from and against any and all losses, claims, damages, costs, charges, expenses, liabilities, demands, proceedings and actions which We may sustain or incur, or which may be brought or established against Us by any person, which in any case arise out of or in relation to or by reason of Your use of the Service in breach of any of these terms and conditions.
- This agreement is governed by the laws of Ireland and is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.
- We reserve the right to decline an application for the Service or to cancel, discontinue or terminate the Service at Our absolute discretion. In any such event We will refund the fee paid for the Service in accordance with these terms and conditions and We will have no further liability to You.
If you have a query please call us on CallSave 1850 57 58 59.